- Improve stance and motion to open up scoring opportunities
- Discover a variety of set-ups that when matched with specific takedowns will increase success
- Learn how to recover and score from bad positions
Features : with Eric Akin, East Kansas Wrestling Club Head Coach;
United States Olympic Team Alternate (1996 and 2000); USA World Team member; 3x Big 8 Champion and 4x All American for Iowa State University; 3x Kansas High School State Champion
A solid attack from the neutral position is the key to confidence needed to be a champion. Eric Akin has found success at every level - 3-time high school champ, four-time All American, and World Cup Silver medalist. In this detailed DVD, Coach Akin give you a blueprint of drills to create effective wrestlers that can score takedowns from any position.
Coach Akin teaches a series of drills from the feet to teach wrestlers how to move, and create common reactions to generate scoring opportunities. He demonstrates different types of drills that wrestlers can do with or without a partner. These drills cover:
- Stance - Coach Akin dedicates a large segment on stance and motion, and the techniques to make wrestlers better both offensively and defensively.
- Set-ups - Coach Akin shows a variety of set-ups and which ones are most effective for each takedown.
- Penetration (spring load) - Learn Coach Akin's spring loaded approach to penetration and how it works from the outside or when a guy puts his hands on you.
- Finishes - Coach Akin goes through a variety of finishes to sweep single, double leg and high C from common scrambling positions. He includes several drills for each takedown finish.
Coach Akin does a great job in this video using his wrestlers to demonstrate drills and how to use them effectively. His in-depth instruction will help you take both youth and high school wrestlers through many advanced level takedowns.
Once the basic skills are mastered these techniques will guide you and your athletes to the next level. A great addition to any youth or high school coach's collection.
81 minutes. 2014.
Product Code: YWD-04509D
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: