- Create effective wrestlers who can escape from any position
- Learn how to counter five common rides from the top position
- Take basic, bottom position techniques to a more advanced level using techniques from 2x Olympian Eric Akin
Features : with Eric Akin, East Kansas Wrestling Club Head Coach;
United States Olympic Team Alternate (1996 and 2000); USA World Team member; 3x Big 8 Champion and 4x All American for Iowa State University; 3x Kansas High School State Champion
Eric Akin is a wealth of wrestling knowledge. In this video, he gives you a blueprint of bottom techniques to create effective wrestlers that can escape from any position. Learn how to take already sound fundamentals and take them to a completely different level.
Developing proper stance and position improve your ability to dominate from any position. Coach Akin focuses on the important points of the stance and motion that will allow you to use basic escape skills in variety common positions. A main focus of instruction covers the proper way to hip heist and why it is important in all positions. Akin shows a variety of ways for wrestlers not to get broken down or get their hands tied up. He gives several drills to develop the finer points of the hip heist and getting hand control.
Coach Akin addresses the high percentage scoring techniques used by quality athletes around the nation. These include:
- Stand-up - Coach Akin's approach to the stand-up and how a wrestler can escape from all the most common defenses to a stand-up.
- Sit Outs - Coach Akin goes through his favorite sit out, which is actually a sit back, and how to use your opponent's reactions to score from the bottom position.
- Escapes from Common Riding Positions - Learn how to escape from several common rides including spiral ride, chop, tight waist ankle and the most feared leg ride. Coach explains each defense of these rides and how to use them to score.
Coach Akin uses young wrestlers to demonstrate the techniques and drills, which allows you to see how to teach them effectively. This video will be a great addition to any youth or high school coach's collection to improve scoring opportunities from the bottom position.
Although this video outlines the skills of the advanced youth wrestler, all ages will benefit from the wisdom of Eric Akin to escape quicker from the bottom and then attack from a dominant position.
47 minutes. 2014.
Product Code: YWD-04509E
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: